Earlier we speculated that a leaked build of Android 2.2 Froyo for the Samsung Captivate might signal the imminent release of the OS update, and lo and behold through the Galaxy S support Twitter account it is being announced that the new firmware will begin pushing tomorrow, February 24th. Word also come by way of the AT&T Facebook page.
It is likely that the KB1 build currently floating around will be the same build that ends up on devices. By my reckoning the leaves only the Samsung Fascinate for Verizon as the only Galaxy S phone on a national carrier to be lacking Android 2.2. That time will come soon, we suppose.
[via Twitter | thanks, Mike!]
- New Gingerbread Leak for the Samsung Captivat
- Rogers Samsung Captivate Users Reportedly Rec
- Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread Leaked For The Sams
- Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread Leaks for the Samsu
- Check out the Samsung Captivate forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Samsung Captivate