The Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo struck me as one of those “so what” devices when it was introduced as a lot of what it had was similar to the Xperia Arc and Pro. It has the Exmore camera – which takes amazing photos in any lighting condition – the Bravia Engine with the “Reality Display”, it has Gingerbread, a 1GHz Snapdragon processor, an HDMI port,a front-facing camera, and more. It was pretty much an Xperia Pro without the keyboard.
There were no subtle changes in the software or hardware to set this one apart, either. If I were to see this device in a store sitting up next to the Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc I’d slap myself for even considering the Neo, but that all depends on how the devices will be priced once they hit their respective carriers and retail channels. It also has a dock, which is cool but doesn’t do much.
There really isn’t much else to say about this phone as a lot of it has been said in our previews of the Xperia Play, Pro, and Arc. Take a look at those if you haven’t already.
- Sony Xperia Arc and Xperia Neo get updated to
- Sony begins Ice Cream Sandwich rollout for 20
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo Receives Android 2.3
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo About to Hit the Str
- Check out the Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: mwc11, Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo