Hate to be all bad news bears this morning, but the Cliq XT won’t be the only device from Motorola’s lineup not receiving an Android update. Their Android Software Upgrade list has been updated accordingly. I suppose the good news is that the Motorola Flipout, Charm, and i1 will be stuck at Android 2.1 as opposed to the Android 1.5 build the Cliq XT will run for the rest of its life.
How disappointing…but did anyone really expect anything different? With the rate that Motorola has been churning out newer Android handsets it might be an unrealistic demand to devote extra manpower to bringing older devices up to date. Sure, super popular, landmark handsets of yesteryear like the Droid lineup may still get updates, but you’re out of luck if you bought into one of Moto’s midrange or low-end offerings. Note that for the future.
- NSFW: Samsung Gear VR porn
- AT&T is rolling out Android 4.4.4 for th
- Watch Kardashian's T-Mo ad
- Download: Facebook Lite for Android
- Check out the Motorola CLIQ XT forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
- Check out the Motorola i1 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.