Adding insult to injury, if you head over to AT&T’s support page for the Samsung Captivate and look at the how-to for finding your OS and firmware versions you might notice that the phone they are using as an example features Android 2.2. I’m not going to beat a dead horse explaining how notorious Samsung has become in the Android world for failing to deliver updates in the manner and timeliness promised, but this has to be some kind of cruel joke. Either that or some shining beacon of hope in a torrid sea of lies and letdowns.
Dramatics aside, maybe it is a good sign. Somewhere in the depths of AT&T there is a Captivate running Android 2.2 Froyo. Or AT&T ganked the images straight from Samsung. Who can really say? We’ll label it an oddity for now.
- New Gingerbread Leak for the Samsung Captivat
- Rogers Samsung Captivate Users Reportedly Rec
- Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread Leaked For The Sams
- Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread Leaks for the Samsu
- Check out the Samsung Captivate forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Samsung Captivate