The folks at Streak Smart have uncovered some underlying phone functionality in the Dell Streak 7, but it isn’t pretty. The dial pad doesn’t show up in landscape mode, and calls made will make phones on the other end ring but won’t actually allow you to speak to or hear the person you’ve called.
Jenn from Streak Smart has a demonstration of this erroneous behavior in the video you see above. She describes it as being a “big problem”, but considering the functionality isn’t meant to be there, I can’t say I agree.
They’ve taken to their community of hackers to help get the functionality fully working. You can follow their developments here. It’s not uncommon to see full-blown phone functonality uncovered on a tablet as the same happened shortly after the Samsung Galaxy Tab was release.
- Dell Streak 7 is the Woot.com deal of the day
- Streak 7 Takes its Leave from Dell’s Pr
- Some Dell Streak 7 Owners already Receiving H
- Dell Isn’t Ready To Quit The Streak 7 &
- Check out the Dell Streak 7 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Dell Streak 7