The Motorola Glam wasn’t the most hyped of devices out there, but it was popular enough for Motorola to consider making it a world phone. They’ve announced that the phone – whose model number is XT800 – will be getting dual-mode CDMA/GSM radios for use mostly anywhere in the world.
“We have specially designed the MILESTONE XT800 to provide infotainment-on-the-go for consumers who want a device that matches the demands of an hectic lifestyle like that of a senior professional,” said Faisal Siddiqui, country head for India, Motorola Mobility.
“We believe in bringing the power of Android closer to the Indian consumer–stylish and unique form factors, innovative and compelling features and, experiences that offer greater flexibility and ease of use. MILESTONE XT800 delivers on all this and much, much more!”
And here’s a refresher on the specs in case you missed them the first time around:
- 5MP camera with digital-zoom, autofocus, dual LED flash
- Android 2.1 platform with pinch to zoom capacitive touch display
- SMS, MMS, email (corporate email exchange , POP3/IMAP embedded, push email)
- USB 2.0 high-speed data transfer2, with support for synchronization with PCs
- Bluetooth1&3 2.0+EDR high-speed transmission and wireless Bluetooth stereo
- Assisted GPS satellite navigation1&2 supporting Google Maps
- Support for viewing and editing documents in Word/Excel/PowerPoint/PDF and Zip formats
- Memory is expandable up to 32GB; 2GB SD card in-box
- Video capture/playback/streaming, HDMI (720p) output to high-definition devices
- Supports several music formats: H.263, H.264, MPEG4
- Supports multiple audio formats: AAC, ACC+, MP3, CMX, AMR NB, AMR WB, MIDI, WAV and WMA 9
The processor – which we heard was a 550MHz TI OMAP-based one back in August but now may be a 720MHz variant – isn’t going to be a mind blower, but the rest of the dirt sheet warrants a second look at the device. [via Cellular News]
- Motorola Glam XT800 Launched for Korea
- Android Wear watch prices cut
- Buy the Watch Urbane today!
- Google wants to buy your patents
TAGS: Motorola Glam XT800