It looks like there is, in fact, a catch to the Samsung Vibrant update to Android 2.2 through T-Mobile. While an update is indeed being made available to users in the form of a build version KA6, word from inside T-Mobile is suggesting that this is an optional update coming via the Samsung Kies software, perhaps merely to quiet detractors and negative press buzz. If T-Mobile’s own statements aren’t enough, a build with the version number KA7 leaking out earlier today also suggests that a future, mandatory update to Froyo will be coming over-the-air at a later date.
This is all speculation for now, as we haven’t heard word from any Vibrant users that they have received an update notification on their handset. We will keep our ears to the ground as the day unfolds and the situation develops.
- Moneto sets the Galaxy S up for contactless p
- Cyanogen Mod for Samsung Vibrant (T-Mobile Ga
- CyanogenMod 7 comes to a handful of new Samsu
- Samsung Vibrant/Galaxy S 4G Passes FCC With A
- Check out the Samsung Vibrant forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Samsung Vibrant