Been a while since we heard about this little fellow, hasn’t it? The Samsung Gem – which Best Buy was getting ready to sell for Verizon – never came to form. Rumor had it that it’d been canned, but no official statement or announcement was ever made. We forgot about the little guy, really. But it’s back with a nice spot of its own on Samsung’s website, official specs and all.
Not much has changed here: it’s a 3.2-inch WQVGA device with a 3 megapixel camera, an 800 MHz processor, Android 2.1, and TouchWiz. This time, though, the Verizon branding is gone and we’ve learned that it’s a Google Experience phone as evidenced by the “with Google” branding on the battery door. There’s a nifty “Shop Now” button, but it didn’t pull up any local or online results. What gives Samsung? [via PhoneScoop]
- Best Buy Now Offering Verizon’s Samsung
- Alltel Wants You to Know That They Have Four
- Verizon Samsung Gem Already Arriving In Store
- Samsung Gem Announced for April 1st Release a
- Check out the Samsung Gem forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Samsung Gem