Because we can’t wait until tomorrow’s big Verizon keynote to reveal the HTC Thunderbolt, we are pretty lucky to be graced by the handset featured in a full-page ad in the latest addition of Rolling Stone. That just about confirms that the first 4G handset for Verizon will forego the Incredible HD name in favor of the new name harkening to “lightening fast” 4G speeds. As always seems to be the case with Verizon, there is always room for the inevitable DROID branding to be tacked onto the front before the actual handset launches.
Right next to the ThunderBolt in the we something a little more intriguing: the HTC Inspire 4G for AT&T. This leak comes well before any announcement by AT&T to launch their LTE network, so in this case the 4G might refer to HSPA+ in the same way T-Mobile uses the label. It could also just be an extremely early look at a phone that won’t be out for quite some time, though that seems unlikely (then again, big ad for the HTC Merge on Verizon seemed to indicate the phone would be out shortly, though it still hasn’t surfaced, so we can’t really trust these HTC ad wizards).
Oh, and here is a bonus look at the HTC ThunderBolt courtesy of AndroidSPIN:
- The 10 worst Android phones of all time
- HTC employee: “sorry about the Thunderb
- [Update] HTC Thunderbolt Ice Cream Sandwich u
- Pigs fly as Verizon readies Ice Cream Sandwic
- Check out the HTC Thunderbolt forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
- Check out the HTC Inspire 4G forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.