Verizon is denying any claims that they have recalled Motorola Droid Pro and Droid 2 Global stock from Best Buy stores — for pricing issues or otherwise. It was initially reported that several BB locations were removing the phones from shelves and ceasing sales, with the finger being pointed squarely towards Verizon. The story was BB had priced VZW’s handsets a bit too low for comfort, and Big Red was reclaiming stock to make a proper profit.
But according to Verizon, that just isn’t the case:
“We can’t speak for Best Buy — but both the Droid Pro or the Droid 2 Global are popular sellers. How they manage their inventory is their business but there are no recalls on those devices.”
So the question still remains: why have some Best Buy stores been pulling their Motorola Droid stock off the sales floor?
- Cyanogen CEO: change in guard coming
- Make your phone like S6 Edge
- Hands-on: HTC One M9 new Dot View case
- Report: Google carrier requires Nexus 6
- Check out the Motorola DROID PRO forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.