Sprint’s just pushed another maintenance update out for their HTC EVO 4G. Before we continue: no, it’s not Gingerbread. But you’ll still get a kick out of it. Swype is now a standard alternate keyboard, as is common on other phones these days. It also updates Telenav, Visual Voicemail Sprint Zone, and Sprint TV. Unfortunately, it adds more to your app drawer: a game trial, Blockbuster, Amazon Kindle, and a “Scan Now” widget. That last one doesn’t really sound like bloatware as it’s supposed to aide you in finding a 4G signal. Other than that, it sounds like Sprint’s caught a case of the “Verizons” with this one. If you haven’t already pulled it down, you’ll be seeing it sometime soon. [via Engadget]
- HTC One M8 decoy units hiding real design
- Big Android Meat and Greet
- Google Wallet spreads online
- ASUS 7-day battery smartwatch
- Check out the HTC EVO 4G forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: HTC EVO 4G