Google Hotpot – the new Google Maps features which make it easier for you and your friends to discover and share places – hasn’t been Google’s most exciting offering, but they’re going to be using it to start promoting widespread use of Near Fields Communications technology in America. Trials in Portland, Oregon will begin soon with businesses placing “Recommended on Google” stickers on their doors and windows. Users with NFC-equipped devices – Nexus S owners only, for now – will be able to pull that particular business’s information in by placing their phone near the sticker and will allow you to read more about the place, read and write reviews, and more. Not the most exciting use of NFC yet, but one must crawl before one can walk. To see more about the trials and more about what’ll be included with the “Business Kits” that participants will be receiving, head on over to Google.
- Why NASA chose the Nexus S for SmartSPHERES
- Check out this video of webOS running as an A
- End of the road for Motorola Xoom and Nexus S
- Galaxy Nexus, Nexus S, and Motorola Xoom WiFi
- Check out the Nexus S forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Nexus S