The Motorola Droid has had Froyo since the tail-end of the summer, just a couple months after it was formally unveiled at this past Google I/O. This is important to note because the Motorola Milestone, the Droid’s twin for those not on Verizon’s network, is still yet to receive the update to Android 2.2. So what gives?
Motorola Europe chimed in yesterday via their Facebook page to assure users the update is…still in testing. Having completed two rounds of in-house testing, Moto has forwarded the update to their operator partners for even more testing. This means while the update might technically be good to go (and we don’t see why it isn’t given the Droid has handled Froyo just fine), it’s in the carrier’s hands now. And we all know how that goes. Sorry, Milestone users.
- TELUS Motorola Milestone to Receive Android 2
- Desire, Desire HD & Milestone to Get Gin
- Android 2.2 Froyo Update for the Motorola Mil
- A Year Later, Canada’s MTS Gets the Mot
- Check out the Motorola Milestone forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Motorola Milestone