Oh noes! Dell seems to have put a mean halt on the Froyo upgrade for AT&T’s Streak users, for whatever reason. In an email sent to StreakSmart which looks to have been from Dell to AT&T, Dell’s stating the unlocked devices on AT&T can grab the update OTA by going to the settings menu. Unfortunately, those with locked devices (bought subsidized) won’t be seeing it until the week of January 12th. Gingerbread will be out by then!
And what’s more: folks have been reporting that the units shipping from Dell.com that are advertised with Froyo pre-installed are still coming with 1.6. I’d say that Samsung Galaxy S owners are just as distraught as Dell Streak owners, but some of them aren’t even on 2.1. Bummer, right?
- Android devices rank high on iFixit’s t
- Pentagon Approves Its First Android Smartphon
- Dell Streak Gets Pulled From Online/Store She
- This is the Best Dell Streak Promo Ever [Vide
- Check out the Dell Streak forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Dell Streak