A new update is available for the HTC Desire bringing its firmware version up to 2.29.405.2. The update is only confirmed to be going out to unlocked Desire handsets for now, no word on if and when carrier-locked versions will have their go. A changelog hasn’t been provided just yet, but the 28.87MB size and word from Desire users suggests this is a simple maintenance release.
Of course, some speculate it could be preparing the device for Gingerbread compatibility once that time comes, but there is nothing to suggest that just yet. You can check on the update as always through your ‘Settings/About Phone System software updates’ menu. Be warned you will need 25MB of free internal storage before the update will be granted to you.
- HTC: Samsung uses key component supply as a c
- HTC Desire users in the UK now Download the D
- HTC Desire Gingerbread Update Coming by End o
- Telstra Willing to Get Rid of HTC Sense to Pr
- Check out the HTC Desire forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: HTC Desire