Brighthand is reporting that a senior Acer official noted that the Acer Liquid Metal might be heading to the United States sometime soon at the company’s Q&A session following their press announcement last week (where we were treated to two new Android tablets and a new Android handset.) Rogers is said to be getting the device in Canada sometime soon, and in the same breath Aymar de Lencquesaing – president of Acer’s smartphone unit – mentioned that AT&T and T-Mobile would be likely candidates for release in the United States due to their GSM networks. The phone is already out in parts of Europe – the most notable being France – but we assume Acer doesn’t want to miss the “affordable smartphone” boat currently setting sail and – as such – won’t let their new high-end offerings completely overshadow the cheaper ones. We’ll be on the lookout for any confirmation regarding United States availability.
- Night Sky Wallpaper
- Project Tango graduates from Google ATAP
- Lollipop for HTC One M8 and M7 delayed
- Nexus 7 LTE Android 5.0.2 factory images available
- Check out the Acer Liquid Metal forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
- Check out the Acer Liquid MT forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Acer Liquid Metal, Acer Liquid MT