The battle-ready Motorola DEFY has just been confirmed as a candidate for Android 2.2 (Froyo), but owners might have to wait a while to get it. Motorola has made it known that the update should be hitting Defy handsets in Europe, Asia, and the Middle East sometime in Q2 of next year. Knowing Motorola’s track record for delivering updates within their initial timeline, don’t hold your breath on this coming anytime sooner.
When it could make it to the US? Well, that will probably have a lot to do with carriers, which adds in another layer of complexity. Either way, it will be Android 2.2 coming at a time that Android Honeycomb will have already been released or at least be gaining a lot of hype, meaning the Defy will be two versions behind even with Froyo. Kind of an extreme case of fragmentation blues.
- Motorola Defy+ Makes and Appearance on O2 Ger
- Beefed Up Motorola Defy Could Find its Way to
- Motorola Defy Getting 2.2 Froyo Rolls Out Soo
- Deal Alert: Motorola Defy Free Today via T-Mo
- Check out the Motorola DEFY forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Motorola Defy