Verizon has issued a press release announcing the availability of the LG Vortex, an entry-level Android 2.2 device. The phone will hit VZW’s shelves come November 18th and will be available at a price of of $79.99 on a two-year agreement after a $100 mail-in rebate. It’s not as free as was rumored, but there is still a chance it will be on some holiday sale or another.
The LG Vortex features a 3.2-inch touchscreen, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity, and a 3.2MP camera. Standard Verizon offerings are on board including Bing services, VZ Navigator, 3G Mobile HotSpot, and Skype. Not too shabby of a price for what you get: an Android 2.2 smartphone disguised in the draping of a feature phone.
- HTC One M8 decoy units hiding real design
- Big Android Meat and Greet
- Google Wallet spreads online
- ASUS 7-day battery smartwatch
- Check out the LG Vortex forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: LG Vortex