Last night at the Samsung Continuum launch event this is the video that introduced the phone to the world, but all I could think of the whole time was how its marketing strategy is directly opposite of the current round of Windows Phone 7 ads going around. Whereas Windows is marketing their phone as a device that will break that obnoxious habit of being consumed by your phone to the point of disfunction. Samsung wants you to know that now being glued to your phone is easier than ever:
The Windows Phone ad:
Really? I have to side with the Windows ad on this one. The gimmicky Continuum already had me feeling off from the beginning, but to encourage the constant interruption of normal societal functions at the sake of being constantly connected, now that isn’t an idea I like very much at all.
- Is the Note Edge the next Continuum?
- The 10 worst Android phones of all time
- After All of This Time… the Samsung Con
- A Handful of Verizon Devices Reaching End-of-
- Check out the Samsung Continuum forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Samsung Continuum