The Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 doesn’t support multi-touch, right? SE reps have confirmed time and time again that the hardware doesn’t support it and workarounds would not be seen via software updates. The Android 2.1 update came and went, and, sure enough, no multi-touch support. Enter those zany Android hackers who only read the words “can’t do that” as an open challenge to find a way to make it happen.
As you can see from the below videos, whatever way they have come up with to implement multi-touch emulation doesn’t exactly work great, and accuracy/response seem a bit off, but it’s a step in the right direction. No public release of this hack is available right now, but we’re sure it won’t be long.
- Official: Gingerbread Now Rolling Out for the
- Sony Ericsson: Despite Earlier Reports, Xperi
- [Update] Android 2.3.3 Update Available for t
- Xperia X10 Gingerbread Update Coming Along We
- Check out the Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Sony Ericsson Xperia X10