Trick or treat! Halloween is the day that you Xperia X10 owners will finally be stepped up to Android 2.1, says Sony Ericsson. After a long string of delays and more than a carved pumpkin-full of angry users, you guys will finally be able to enjoy a modern version of Android. Ericsson says that they’ll get it out that Friday night, literally meeting their “end of October” deadline by hours.
But – as anyone should come to expect from these update processes – don’t get mad if you don’t get it right away. They’ll start in the Nordic region Sunday, European countries Monday, and from there the process will be staggered throughout November. Those of you in other regions? Well… no word yet, but I don’t think they’re just going to call it quits after they’re done with Europe.
• HD video recording with continuous auto-focus for high quality videos
• Upgrade of the Android platform to Android 2.1
• New back up and restore application, with extended content back up
• 5 homescreens for apps, widgets, shortcuts and folders
• Social phonebook which automatically syncs contact pictures from Facebook and shows when your friends are online
Xperia X10 mini and X10 mini pro:
• Improved Bluetooth functionality with support for sending and receiving pictures, contacts and more
• New backup and restore application with extended content back up
• Automatic synchronization of your contact pictures between Facebook and your phone book
• Improved ways of handling pictures, audio, text and numbers in your messages
• Upgrade of the Android platform to Android platform 2.1
- Project Tango graduates from Google ATAP
- Lollipop for HTC One M8 and M7 delayed
- Nexus 7 LTE Android 5.0.2 factory images available
- LG G4 could have 3K display
- Check out the Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
- Check out the Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.