TweetDeck likes collecting data. Most companies do, in fact. Not all of them like to share their data, though, but TweetDeck’s just vomited a nice helping of data regarding usage of the Android version of their Twitter client which is still in beta. I’m going to skip all of the boring stuff regarding device and version distribution, but there are a few fun takeaways to be had.
First of all: the HTC Glacier is still out there. At least three people have been using TweetDeck on the device. I’m sure this will make some of our readers (coughKELLERcough) happy, but we still have no idea about the status of this device. All we know is that it’s likely headed to T-Mobile and will be a high-end monster of a cellphone.
The Motorola Droid 2 Global Edition is also still making its rounds. We used to be keen on calling this device the Motorola Droid Pro, but we already know what happened with that. Here are the rest of the obscure pieces of data gathered from their latest report:
- Android Gingerbread is real, and there’s a substantial amount of people already testing it in the field
- We’ve all seen YouTube videos with Nokia N900 and HTC HD2 running Android. Now we have proof. 103 Tweedeck Android users had HD2’s, and 6 of them had Nokia N900. There was also one HTC Kaiser user spotted out there, too. What do you know – there still are some people running Android on the good old HTC TyTN II…
- The rumored uber fast HTC Glacier is also out there in the field, probably undergoing some tests. 3 Tweetdeck users were caught with it
- While Motorola Droid 2 Global Edition missed the CTIA announcement date, it seems that it is still out there somewhere, and may be announced soon.
Everything else they’ve found can be had at their website.
Haha, there you go Keller!
thats some pretty good data. thx tweetdeck! that uncovered a lot :) cant wait to see that so secret htc glacier
I was about to retire the Nexus for the Mytouch but if the glacier is still out there Ill bide my time
keller… u bad boy. say sorry to phandroid :)
AWSOME there are alot of phones i never heard of and some that rnt expected. all from an app usage data. iphone 2g is on their lol. and so is the envtouch 2 but i didnt find any merge or lexicon.
i’m missing something. what has keller been doing/saying?
By when can we see this device
Can’t wait for more details on Glacier!
Meanwhile, here’s a fun read:
Someone had fun writing this article full of rumors. :)
To be fair, it is pretty easy to fake the version and model in analytics like Flurry. All it takes is someone editing the build.prop file to whatever they want.
do we know anything more about this Glacier? specs? spyshots?
Keller has concerns about T-Mobile not getting any proper phones unlike Verizon with its line up of high-end Droids, etc. All we have is crap like Cliq XT and T-Mobile G1. Of course things seem to be getting better but we need a 4.3 inch phone (HTC Glacier maybe?).
I share the concerns as well. I am currently on a Nexus One with T-Mobile but need a larger screen.
N1 with TMO…Larger screen tethering and FFC* are a must for my TMO future.
* everybody says the FFC is fad but, how else is my wife gonna dance for me while im on the road. Gottta get it done somehow!
I thought the Glacier was the same as the Vision and Blaze, which ended up being the G2…
So. Many. Codenames.
Did anyone else notice the file name for the graph pictured?
The thing that jumped out for me is that, in spite of its problematic sales, the Nexus One seems to be tied roughly for second, not far behind HTC Desire.
I don’t think that necessarily implies that the N1 is a huge part of the market but it does suggest that N1 users more likely to try betas like this.
@ Ayalew LOL did now…funny
NOTE: There’s an iPhone2G in there o_0
and there are five GeeksPhone ONE’s… I thought that phone was dead LONG ago…