First-time Android owners might not need all the bells and whistles of a high-end phone and with the Huawei Ascend you’ll get almost none of them. But what you will get is a highly adequate device at an extremely cheap price point: the Ascend is only $150 without any need for a contract or limb amputations or anything else – just fork over the green.
According to Engadget, the Huawei Ascend is a plasticky phone that features an unimpressive 3.5-inch HVGA screen, 3.5mm headset jack, MicroSD slot, and a 3.2MP camera. Impressively it’s running a 9-screen home panel with Android 2.1 – nice touch. The Huawei Ascend should be available in the next couple weeks.
In the below video they also show off the Huawei Crosswave device which is essentially a Wi-Fi hotspot in addition to the Ascend:
- MetroPCS Introduces MMA-Themed Huawei Ascend
- MetroPCS Announces Availability of Huawei Asc
- Sundar Pichai promoted to head of Google products
- Pocketing your phablet, Inbox invites, buying
- Check out the Huawei Ascend forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Huawei Ascend