Motorola has once again revised their software upgrade chart to reflect the latest timeline for their Android devices to receive their respective updates. Most notably the Motorola Quench has been deemed unfit for an upgrade after a previous iteration of the chart said its Android 2.1 update was “under evaluation” as well as the international Backflip and Dext. Devices that were listed as not receiving an update now get the text “Will remain on Android 1.x for the best combined hardware and software experience.”
On the USA side of things the chart has been updated to show the completion of the Motorola Droid Android 2.2 roll out, while the Droid X remains listed for a late summer push. We are about as late into the summer as we can get, and with the wording of this particular entry not changing it’s a good sign, trust me. The Motorola Backflip has gone from an Android 2.1 update in Q3 to joining the Cliq and Cliq XT as “testing in process, planned for late Q3/early Q4.” Strange that the foreign counterpart — the Quench — simply won’t receive the update.
- Google Search testing Chat feature for businesses
- Nexus 6 launching March 12th with VoLTE baked in
- Moto 360 coming to Moto Maker in March
- Samsung debuts 128GB UFS storage
- Check out the Motorola CLIQ forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
- Check out the Motorola Backflip forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.