There is no denying the people what they want, and when they get vocal about it chances are they will get their way. At least that is the case with Rogers and Android 2.1 for the HTC Magic. A small but vocal community cropped up to fight for their right for updates on the handset locked to the carrier, and their voices have been heard as the update to Android 2.1 is now rolling out. Rogers’ Mary Pretotto confirmed the update on Twitter, though the new version of the OS has not been appearing for all.
As always, you can check for your update and possibly force the system to download it by navigating to Settings > About Phone > Software Update Check > Check Manually. It seems with the latest update the crowd at IWantMyOnePointSix.com feels safe to call it quits. What, there won’t be an I Want My Froyo movement? Keep fighting the good fight!
[via I Want My One Point Six]
- HTC Magic Gets Android 2.2.1 on Vodafone UK
- G1 and MyTouch Still Moving Along With Froyo
- HTC Magic to Receive Android 2.2 According to
- Rogers Confirms Android 2.1 Coming for Xperia
- Check out the HTC Magic forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: HTC Magic