Many were reluctant to take part in the contest Verizon’s holding through their @DroidLanding Twitter account for the R2D2 special edition of the Motorola DROID 2. They’re doing it differently from the Droid X’s contest, though, as there are no scavenger hunts or GPS coordinates to mess around with. Instead, they tweet out codes and clues that you have to use to unlock certain areas of the R2D2’s website. Whoever is responsible for exposing the section they expose wins a free R2-Droid 2.
Thus far, two sections have been unlocked: the Apps and Widgets section netted Droid-Life’s reader Andrew Tarr a new phone, and someone else (yet to be named) has unlocked a gallery of images showing off the device and what appears to be an accompanying docking station (pictured above). For the rest of the gallery, be sure to head on over to the landing site now (and try to unlock more sections!)
- Update for Motorola Droid 2 rolling out now,
- DROID 2 Global Owners Seeing Update 4.5.692
- DROID 2 Global and DROID Pro Now Receiving Gi
- Motorola DROID 2 R2-D2 Gets Gingerbread
- Check out the Motorola DROID 2 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Motorola Droid 2