Strike the Motorola Charm off the “To Be Rooted” list, because the deed has been done. Sure, the handset might be left feeling used and vulnerable, but isn’t that the same for everyone’s first time? XDA is home to the people responsible who deployed an updated Universal Androot hack to achieve Superuser access. This root method doesn’t unlock your bootloader and no custom ROMs are available for the Charm just yet, but we suspect that should not be the case in due time.
Grab the instructions over at the source link if you are feeling froggy.
- Sony is killing off Music Unlimited, partners
- Facebook's 2014 earnings bring in $12 billion
- FTC fines TracFone for throttling "unlimited" data
- Gear VR arrives at Best Buy
- Check out the Motorola CHARM forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Motorola Charm