While much about the phone remains a mystery, it appears that we may be on the verge of learning a lot about the specific build of Android the T-Mobile G2 uses. AndroidGuys got their hands on a zip file containing what looks like Froyo for the G2. A spreadsheet found within the archive reveals some more information, including the kernel and bootloader versions, as well as confirms that the G2 is in fact carrying the model number HTC PC1010000. That’s a few more zeros than the FCC filing from yesterday, but at this point I think we can say for sure that the device in questions is definitely the G2. If you head over to the source link you can download the archive containing the firmware build. This ought to give the developer community a good head start on tinkering with the unreleased handset.
- T-Mobile posts up minor updates for myTouch 3
- Bootloader Officially Unlocked for HTC Desire
- Download T-Mobile’s Official Android 2.
- Has Your T-Mobile Android Been Experiencing P
- Check out the T-Mobile G2 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: T-Mobile G2