If the GPS problems weren’t annoying enough, you might get a kick out of this one. Apparently, a few Samsung Galaxy S phones are experiencing device resets whenever they’re plugged in to a computer via USB. It’s said that the issue is caused when there exists file extensions with more than 16 characters. We’re not sure what developer would be crazy enough to make a 16 (let alone more) character-long file extension, but deleting the troublesome files apparently remedies the issue (which we imagine isn’t widespread due to the rarity of such a file).
Gizmodo France uncovered the bug, but Samsung has stated that a permanent fix is already in the works. Anyone experience this bug with their Galaxy S phones?
[via Samsung Hub]
- Samsung Q4 2014 shows mobile sales down 64%
- Qualcomm may have confirmed rumors that the G
- Sony is killing off Music Unlimited, partners
- Facebook's 2014 earnings bring in $12 billion
- Check out the Samsung Galaxy S forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Samsung Galaxy S