A year ago, we told you that the CEO of Meizu addressed fanboys about their pursuit of Android. Then, a few months ago we told you that the company known for iPhone lookalikes was poised to launch the Meizu M9 with Android 2.1. Today we get more details.
In a post on the company’s forum, CEO Jack Wong said he plans to launch the Meizu M9 in October with Android 2.2, a 960×640 pixel screen, an updated Wi-Fi module, and completely customized Android UI. Take a look at a few screenshots:
In April we were also teased with the idea that the Meizu M9 would have three variations of keyboards. I guess that’s up for debate as the few details and screenshots above are all we get for now.
October would be a nice timeframe, but as widely reported, expect delays and limited availability outside of China… at least initially.
- ICS Public Beta for the MEIZU MX or M9 now li
- China’s Meizu M9 Receives Speedy Ginger
- Meizu Wants in on the US Market with Plans to
- Meizu M9 ROM Ported to HTC EVO 4G
- Check out the Meizu M9 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Meizu M9