Well I’ll be. We all knew Verizon would be dropping the HTC Droid Eris from its lineup, but we didn’t know it’d be resurrected in this way: if you go to Disney World sometime in the future, you may be able to scoop up a GPS-enabled Tour Guide that’s essentially the Droid Eris with custom software and a feature-concealing jacket over it.
It’s not the prettiest of things, but at least the phone wasn’t forced into early retirement. Our only concern here would be battery life – surely you’d want to get at least 10-15 hours out of this thing for those long days in the Magic Kingdom when your kids just can’t seem to tire themselves out (that shouldn’t be much of a problem, though). Engadget for the fully gallery of images.
- Name your price web design course
- MLB.com At Bat Redesigned
- Huawei-made Nexus coming this year?
- Xperia Z4 Tablet pics leak
- Check out the HTC Droid Eris forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: HTC Droid Eris