Wondering when you might get a chance to check out that limited edition Star Wars version of the Motorola DROID 2? If you happen to be making your way to Orlando for Star Wars Celebration V August 12th through 15th you can check it out in person, according to this screen grab from Verizon.
There is still no known release date for the R2-D2 variant, though the standard Droid 2 will launch on August 12th. While the nature of what content will be included with the R2-D2 version was revealed on Verizon’s promo site, exact details are not available, so that makes Celebration V a perfect opportunity to score some early hands-on time with the handset. The geek in me really wishes I could check it out myself.
Are any readers planning on attending the convention? If so let us know what you think of the Empire Strikes Back Droid 2!
[thanks to Brian for sending this in!]
- Update for Motorola Droid 2 rolling out now,
- DROID 2 Global Owners Seeing Update 4.5.692
- DROID 2 Global and DROID Pro Now Receiving Gi
- Motorola DROID 2 R2-D2 Gets Gingerbread
- Check out the Motorola DROID 2 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Motorola Droid 2