How do you make the sexy Nexy even sexier? Give it the ability to shoot 720p HD video using the hardware it already has AND while running Android 2.2. That is exactly what the latest builds of Cyanogen Mod 6 have brought the the Nexus One. We had seen this functionality previously enabled by the Cyanogen Mod team when the N1 was running Android 2.1, but if you wanted to move onto the greener pastures of 2.2 you had to give up HD video recording. Not any more.
If you don’t want to go root and install the custom ROM, which is still in release candidate mode and not quite ready for prime time, you won’t be able to get 720p video unless Google decides to enable the feature in future updates. But don’t think the N1 can’t handle it, especially after watching the following video that shows off the serviceable job Google’s handset does at capturing hi-def video.
- HTC: Samsung uses key component supply as a c
- On to the next One: HTC’s new direction
- Nexus One revived for NASA’s PhoneSat p
- Google Nexus-powered Strand-1 satellite ready
- Check out the Nexus One forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Nexus One