Orange released a new, own-branded device called the “Tactile Internet” (really?) in France today. Like the Orange Boston, this device errs on the side of cheap and will be a decent entry into the world of Android and smartphones for anyone not needing a whole lot of power out of their phones.
For 1 euro and a two-year deal you can grab the Tactile Internet that’ll come with these features:
- Android 2.1
- 2.8-inch QVGA touchscreen
- HSDPA, WiFi, Bluetooth, and aGPS for connectivity
- 3.2-megapixel camera with a 3.5mm headphone jack
- 256 MB of ROM and an included 2GB microSD card
- Weights 104g
- 107.5 mm tall, 57 mm wide, and 13.8 mm thin
Not the most exciting of ventures, but we’ll take it (and so will some of Orange’s customers in France). You can order it online now by visiting Orange France’s website.