Uh-oh. Those dreaded “end-of-life” rumors are starting back up again. This time, the original Motorola Droid and Motorola’s forgotten Devour might be on that list of devices headed out of the mill. DroidForums caught wind of an internal screen showing both of the devices as “limited” or with “no remaining shipments” to be had from the vendor.
It would make a lot of sense. The Motorola DROID 2 is expected to be revealed very soon with its predecessor having been out since early November 2009. After 9 months, it’s to be expected. That doesn’t mean support would completely drop, it just means Verizon will be doing their best to push the latest in the Droid line into the hands of their customers.
Verizon’s currently holding another one of their famous BOGO promotions for the phone, as well. We didn’t think anything of it, at first, considering they hold these all the time, but it’s possible we could be seeing the final hoorah before the torch is passed onto bigger (and seemingly better) devices.
- Original Motorola DROID gets new life with fu
- OG Motorola Droid Receives Android 4.0 (Again
- Motorola Droid Tastes Ice Cream Sandwich
- OG Droid Receiving Android 2.2.3 Update with
- Check out the Motorola Droid forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
- Check out the Motorola Devour forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Motorola Devour, Motorola Droid