It is really starting to get hard to find ways to describe the feats being accomplished by the people over at XDA-Developers, so I won’t even try. The latest news emerging from that camp is a so-called “cheap & dirty” Froyo ROM for the HTC Aria based off of a CyanogenMod 6 port. It was hacked together by member attn1 with some help from Eugene. A lot of things are still missing, from WiFi and Bluetooth support all the way to a buggy camera, but it is still Android 2.2 running on the Aria, which is sure to please any owner’s of a freed from AT&T lockdown rooted version of the handset. It isn’t a stable release and still needs considerable work, so this one you may want to hold off on installing until further development takes place, but you can download the ROM over at the discussion on the XDA forums.
[via XDA-Developers, thanks to Yoshi for sending this in!]
- Bootloader Officially Unlocked for HTC Desire
- AT&T Issuing Updates to Select Android P
- Android 2.2 Update for HTC Aria Now Live
- Android 2.2 for the HTC Aria Out Tomorrow
- Check out the HTC Aria forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: HTC Aria