Reports are coming in that the Droid X has landed on a few doorsteps early, straight from Verizon Customer Care…the problem is, Verizon hasn’t even begun offering the phone as a pre-order and doesn’t plan to do so. Droid-Life did some investigating and found that a call center in Huntsville, AL has received more than a few calls concerning activating new Droid X handsets, and even grabbed up a shot of one of the early devices.
Are these shipments heading to people who switched their Droid Incredible pre-orders and got lucky? Or is the answer to the mystery rooted in the @DroidLanding Twitter account that now numbers “escaped” devices in the twenties? Up until know we believed the devices would be randomly hidden in a sort of scavenger hunt, but perhaps these early units are involved in the viral campaign. Any readers out there find a Droid X on your doorstep today? Let us know!
- Project Tango graduates from Google ATAP
- Lollipop for HTC One M8 and M7 delayed
- Nexus 7 LTE Android 5.0.2 factory images available
- LG G4 could have 3K display
- Check out the Motorola DROID X forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Motorola Droid X