That same security hole that plagued the HTC EVO 4G (which allowed root-only application ShootMe to go about its business as usual) has been discovered to work for non-rooted MyTouch 3G Slides. It was discovered when a few of our members over at the Slide section at AndroidForums.com were trying to compare speed test results and a member asked how people were able to grab screens on their devices.
We’re not sure how much of an indication this is of the device’s overall security, but if it’s anything like the EVO’s problem (that’s since been patched and was once believed to be a Sprint-only Sense problem), then T-Mobile and HTC will want to start plugging away at getting these holes taken care of.
- T-Mobile posts up minor updates for myTouch 3
- Source Code Released for HTC Incredible S, my
- Android 2.2.1 ROM Leaks for MyTouch Slide
- ShootMe Updated to Get Face Lift, Adds Video
- Check out the T-Mobile MyTouch Slide forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.