The HTC Hero update to Android 2.1 is slowly spreading. It started earlier this month in Taiwan and is now available for countries in Southeast Asia. The over-the-air update is being pushed to phones in the two part package that has been seen in other areas. The first preparatory update (firmware version 2.73.728.91, or 2.73.707.91 in Singapore) must be installed before the actual upgrade to Android 2.1 can occur, which will then be followed by a “second package” that will bring the phones firmware version to 2.1.
Those that can expect to see the update notification on their Hero are owners residing in Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam, Philippines, Malaysia, and Indonesia.
- HTC One M8 decoy units hiding real design
- Big Android Meat and Greet
- Google Wallet spreads online
- ASUS 7-day battery smartwatch
- Check out the HTC Hero forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: HTC Hero