Second-ranked French carrier SFR has announced that the HTC Magic will receive an update to Android 2.2 (Froyo) later this summer along with another of their Android phones, the Nexus One. This shouldn’t come as too much of a shocker considering the Magic’s US counterpart, the T-Mobile myTouch 3G, has also been pegged as a device that should be receiving the anticipated OS update. There is no word whether this update will be coming to all Magic owners or merely those on SFR, but chances are if it’s ready for prime time France won’t be the only place seeing it.
No word on when the HTC Wildfire and HTC Legend might see a similar update on SFR, but HTC has promised that their newest smartphones should all be receiving the update in due time.
- HTC Magic Gets Android 2.2.1 on Vodafone UK
- HTC Magic on Rogers Gets Update to Android 2.
- G1 and MyTouch Still Moving Along With Froyo
- Rogers Confirms Android 2.1 Coming for Xperia
- Check out the HTC Magic forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: HTC Magic