We knew Google was drumming up to a grand final release of Android 2.2 (codenamed Froyo) soon, but we only expected the update to rollout for Nexus One devices initially (or perhaps it’s more accurate to say that we’re most confident that the Nexus One will get it first).
It seems HTC might be gearing up for their launch of Froyo across multiple devices pretty soon, as well. The news comes out of ZDNet.de where they state HTC’s informed them that the HTC Desire and HTC Legend would be getting the update “in the next two weeks” (translated).
This joins the other army of handsets that Adobe announced would be able to “soon” enjoy Flash 10.1-based content from a handful of their partners to whom they’ve shipped the latest version of the plugin. If all of this ends up adding up how we’d like it to, it’s possible that Froyo could not only be headed our way soon, but to a lot more devices than we’d initially expected.
[via The Unwired]
- HTC: Samsung uses key component supply as a c
- HTCDev Unlocks The Bootloaders For A Couple O
- HTC Desire users in the UK now Download the D
- HTC Desire Gingerbread Update Coming by End o
- Check out the HTC Desire forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
- Check out the HTC Legend forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: HTC Desire, HTC Legend