A few days ago, we reported on an internal FAQ screen that showed Qik could be charging an extra $5 to use video chatting capabilities on the HTC EVO 4G with Sprint. It seems that the FAQ has been misinterpreted, though, as Qik chimed in to let us know that the charge was optional to enable premium features for whoever wants them.
“the core features of 2-way video chat and live video sharing from phone to phones, web, desktop will be FREE. What we’ll be rolling out are optional premium features that users can subscribe to.”
As it stands, the “core” functionality of Qik remains free: phone-to-phone video chatting, streaming, and the other features you’ve come to know and love with Qik are all covered here. Now all that’s left is to see if those premium features will turn out to be worth $5 a month when they detail what they are June 4th.
- Android Porn: The biggest pervs have the bigg
- HTC EVO View 4G joins EVO 4G on Sprint ‘
- More Sprint Devices Receive Security Updates
- Sprint Issues Updates to all HTC Handsets, Ad
- Check out the HTC EVO 4G forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: HTC EVO 4G