When the OTA update to Android 2.1 for the HTC Droid Eris finally arrived, owners of the handset were hoping to receive an experience very similar to what they were already familiar with on their devices while adding in the benefits of the newer OS version. For the most part the update achieved its job, but then a series of complaints ranging from call audio glitches and message notification issues to a malfunctioning weather widget began to show their ugly head.
It seems Verizon is taking the claims seriously, Android Authority is reporting. They received word that Verizon is currently working on a solution to at least the problems surrounding the weather widget. So if you have been experiencing these issues a fix may be in your future. As for some of the other glitches and bugs we’ll have to wait and see.
[via Android Authority]
- HTC Droid Eris for Verizon Receiving OTA Upda
- Things We Missed, You Shouldn’t [Feb. 8
- No One is Surprised: Droid Eris Not Getting A
- Verizon Announces Pre-Paid Data Plans for 3G
- Check out the HTC Droid Eris forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: HTC Droid Eris