Why wouldn’t a tech-loving programming wizard want to spend their time developing one of the fastest growing family of mobile websites? Phandroid.com is hiring a full-time web programming specialist to not only improve and optimize our existing network, but create new websites, features, integrations and opportunities from scratch. Applicant should have a proven, documented and wide-ranging experience with all things web and programming related. We want to find someone excited about taking a network of sites to the next level.
Required Technical Knowledge:
- PHP Guru
- Zend Framework Enthusiast
- MySQL expert
- HTML & CSS with experience in developing cross-browser compatible applications
- WordPress: extensive knowledge
- vBulletin: strong knowledge
- ability to work with RSS, CSS, XHTML, AJAX, APIs and pretty much any other capitalized abbreviations we throw at you with the greatest of ease
- API development and integration
- portfolio of sites which demonstrate the above required skills
Not required, but appreciated:
- Android development capabilities (definite brownie points)
- Unix server administration knowledge
- Experience with data caching such as xcache, memcache, APC, etc…
- Affiliate Marketing knowledge
- CampaignMonitor.com and/or Bulk E-Mail related knowledge
- Location in Baltimore/DC area is a plus
- We’re looking for a TEAM PLAYER to contribute to a fun, dynamic and growing TEAM
- Motivated worker looking for an opportunity to shine and be rewarded for hard work
- Go-getter who doesn’t punch the clock, but instead sees a mission at hand and makes goals to reach and exceed
Please send all applications to robjackson81 (at) yahoo (dot) com and DO NOT include a resume or attach ANYTHING. Simply write a letter explaining why you want the job and why you’re a good fit (with links), and we’ll follow up with candidates in the next week or two. Due to the volume of responses we expect, we will not be able to follow up with all candidates.
Salary negotiable based on experience.
Please Note: I will be in San Francisco for Google IO Today through Friday morning. If you’re interested in this position and would like to discuss in person, let me know, and we can find a time to get together.