One of the bigger phones that will be landing on the other side of the Great Wall this year is the Meizu M9, the Android 2.1 device that CEO Jack Wong announced back in April. Now we are getting a bit of info on the specs for that phone, including a 1GHz Samsung S5PC110 processor and HDMI out.
The full list of known specs:
- Dimensions: 59.5 mm x 113 mm x 11mm
- Networks: WCDMA, CDMA, TD-SCDMA
- 3.6 “ touchscreen at 720 × 480 resolution
- 1 GHz Samsung S5PC110 processor
- 512 MB ROM / 512 MB RAM
- Android OS 2.1
- 5MP camera
- Bluetooth / WiFi / GPS / TV-out (HDMI 1.3)
- Micro SD / TF
- 1350 mAh battery
- Price around € 255 without headphones or € 290 with headphones and 8GB storage
The features definitely meet the standards set by the big releases of the summer in many areas, but fall short in terms of screen size and camera resolution. Still, compared to other Android handsets in China this one is by far the most desirable. It should be seeing a release in August to an eagerly awaiting public.