I know you’re all getting tired of the OTA (or OTW) shenanigans lately, but it’s only right we report on any plausible evidence of an update headed your way. This time, a Best Buy internal document (I used to work for Best Buy and it looks pretty legit) shows that an update will be available this Friday, May 7th for Sprint customers with the HTC Hero. It includes instructions for employees on how to apply the update to a customer’s phone as well as a bullet point list of information they’ll need to explain to the customer.
It is, in fact, the Android 2.1 update everyone’s looking for. It’s also apparent that the update will be available either on Sprint or HTC’s site. If it does end up being available on the latter, it makes me wonder if this will be available for all HTC Heroes on Friday, as well.We also hope to see the Samsung Moment get its 2.1 love soon, too, as I’m sure many of you are. As usual, time will tell, but we’ll revisit this on Friday to see if Best Buy, Sprint, and HTC aren’t bluffing after all.
- Samsung Moment Getting DJ07 Update OTA
- Nexus One, Samsung Moment Join Others in Main
- Just to Clarify: Samsung Moment and HTC Hero
- HTC Giveth and Taketh Away: Root Exploit for
- Check out the Sprint HTC Hero forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
- Check out the Samsung Moment forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Samsung Moment, Sprint HTC Hero