Thinking back to my old 8-bit gaming days, this story grabbed me the moment I saw it. A YouTube user who goes by the name “MrTobiable” cut down an original Atari 7800 joypad (or gamepad, or controller for those of us living in current digital times) and scraped together a pretty cool hack for his (now-ancient) T-Mobile G1/HTC Dream.
I can’t tell whether or not the pad is hardcoded with the G1’s hardware – or if he’s a USB connection to let the G1 receive inputs – but either way, it’s a mod that not everyone can have. It’d be cool if we could see a third-party solution hacked up for the masses like Motorola Droid users got with the GameGripper, but beggars can’t be choosers: it was cool just seeing this to begin with.
- Samsung Q4 2014 shows mobile sales down 64%
- Qualcomm may have confirmed rumors that the G
- Sony is killing off Music Unlimited, partners
- Facebook's 2014 earnings bring in $12 billion
- Check out the T-Mobile G1 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: T-Mobile G1