Unlike Verizon with the HTC Incredible, which was kept heavily under wraps up until its release today, Sprint has been playing a little more loose and free with the HTC EVO 4G. Now on Best Buy’s page you can begin signing up to receive updates about America’s first 4G handset.
The page also covers some of the more anticipated features of the phone that will surely steal the Incredible’s thunder come summer:
- Large, vibrant 4.3-inch screen
- Blazing-fast 1 GHz Snapdragon processor
- Top-notch HTML Web browser
- Two cameras, including an 8.0MP
- 3G/4G mobile hotspot capability connects up to 8 Wi-Fi-enabled devices
- Google mobile services including Google Maps, Gmail and YouTube
- Social network integration with Facebook, Twitter, Flickr and more
- Works in 3G and 4G markets
- HDMI connection
Rumors are also floating around that Best Buy has given a price of $199 on contract for the EVO, quelling some worries that this uber-phone may come at an uber-price. This hasn’t been substantiated, but there have been a few reports of Best Buy employees quoting this pricing.
Still no firm release date is given, but with Sprint planning to give a handful away to Premier customers at the end of May, we’re guessing this one should be out to the general public sometime in June, if not July.
- Google auto insurance comparison
- Metal for OnePlus Two
- Deal: Watch Transformers for free
- Galaxy S6 Camera Pro Mode
- Check out the HTC EVO 4G forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: HTC EVO 4G