HTC Hero owners in Europe will have to wait a bit longer to get their phones bumped up to Android 2.1. At an event focusing on Google Maps Navigation (which hit UK Androids today), HTC slipped in the announcement that the upgrade process for all European HTC Hero variants will begin in June. An initial update will be required to prep the phone for 2.1, followed shortly after by the OS update.
The Hero has been out for a while running on 1.5, so owners have been getting restless after updates have been continually delayed. Of course, we just heard Android 2.1 would be available by the end of April, so that seems to not be the case anymore. Time will only tell if June eventually becomes July, or August, or Q3 2010, or who knows with the rate of delays recently.
[via The Unwired]
- HTCDev Unlocks The Bootloaders For A Couple O
- HTC Hero Receiving Minor Update Fixing Peep T
- HTC Hero for Sprint Receives a Maintenance Up
- Cox Wireless Provides New Carrier Option with
- Check out the HTC Hero forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: HTC Hero