Acer is bringing two new smartphones to the table through eXpansys in the UK. Both devices are rather modest on the hardware side, and only one will feature Android 2.1, but for their low price-points, these units are an appealing option for those on the look out for a SIM-free, Android-packing phone.
The Acer beTouch E400 shows up to the party sporting a 600MHz CPU and 3.2 inch resistive touch screen. Coupled with its 3.1MP camera, it has what it takes to compete with similarly equipped devices currently on the market, but it by no means matches up to the specs of the many high-end offerings such as the HTC Incredible and EVO 4G slated for release. The real win here is that the E400 comes loaded with Android 2.1 at a price of only £264.99 — and that’s SIM-free.
The more modest of this humble pairing is the Acer beTouch E110, which will come loaded with Android 1.5 and a 2.8MP camera, again SIM-free. This for the small asking price of £159.99, a bargain if I say so myself.
Acer’s new phones should be shipping in the next couple weeks, and are definitely worth a closer inspection if you are looking for a new Android smartphone for a killer price.
- Acer beTouch E110 Passes Through FCC
- MWC 2010 HOT Phones Available for Pre-order f
- Acer beTouch E110, beTouch E400 Announced
- AndroidArea ThanksGiveaway Thursday
- Check out the Acer beTouch E110 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
- Check out the Acer beTouch E400 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.